The Aiken County Animal Shelter can take in far more than 4,000 animals a year and these homeless pet dogs and cats have to have to be adopted to help save their lives. We recognize there are other shelters and rescues out there. With so quite a few selections, it can be challenging to decide on in which to get your pet. Listed here is a small Q&A to aid you make your final decision.
Why ought to you think about adopting from the Aiken County Animal Shelter?
1) For the reason that we treatment. We go the extra mile to make confident your long term pet has been analyzed with people, other animals, and we do our very best to find out about their behaviors – good or negative.
2) We do our ideal to match the ideal pet for your particular person wants such as:
• What breed do you like?
• What pet suits your life style?
• How a lot time do you have to commit with the pet?
• Do you have any other animals?
• Do you have young children?
• Do you live in a house? apartment? farm?
What varieties of factors do we do to study the most we can about these animals?
1) Every Saturday, from 11 a.m. to midday we have a instruction class in which our volunteers operate with shelter canine on simple schooling, leash get the job done and obedience. We really like to have potential adopters arrive and witness how eager to you should and profitable these puppies are. Who doesn’t want a pet that is already superior on leash and is familiar with how to sit, remain and be respectful?
2) We have a monthly system in which youthful individuals occur to the shelter and go through to shelter pets. We know fairly rapidly which canine and cats enjoy young children and have the motivation to be with them.
3) Monday through Saturday we keep play groups so the workers will know how each individual pet behaves with other pet dogs. We can notify their enjoy type, whether or not they choose to be with playful pet dogs, calm canine, female canine, and many others. These perform groups also assistance our a lot more timid dogs establish self-assurance and appear out of their shells.
4) Our Doggy Day Out system lets Aiken County inhabitants to choose shelter dogs to the park or even home for the evening to give the dogs a split from shelter daily life. We study so a great deal about their property conduct this way. You may even discover the fantastic pet this way.
What does it charge to adopt a pet from the Aiken County Animal Shelter?
1) We maintain our adoption charges very very low to make it reasonably priced. The canine and cats are spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. Canines are $35 to undertake, and cats are $10.
2) On Monday, we are introducing a two-7 days promotion named Vacant the Shelter starts. Several pets have sponsored adoption service fees.
What are you waiting around for?
Arrive and undertake a fantastic pet from the Aiken County Animal Shelter and give them a house for the holidays. It is the very best conclusion you will make.
Their life are in our palms.
Gus, a great white blended breed puppy was adopted recently from the Aiken County Animal Shelter. He is cuddling with his new buddy Max.